One of the most common questions I get is…
“Riley! What’s the visa situation for Thailand!? I want to stay long-term as a digital digital… what should I do?”
Keep reading and I will explain the best 5 Thailand visa options for long stay. Thailand is totally open now, so what are you waiting for!
Visa-exempt entry on Arrival (VOA) ✈️
- Gets you 30 days free, just show up.
- This is what most tourists do.
- You can easily extend it +30 more days 2x time = 90 days total
- Extension is 1500 THB / $45 each time
- After that, travel & come back (visa run).
- Historically I would use this as an excuse to take a trip to Bali, Vietnam, China, or Japan, then come back whenever I want. The cheaper option is take a bus to Myanmar or Laos then come back. Search for ‘visa run Bangkok / Chiang Mai’, and there are many agencies organizing these ‘border bounces’ via bus.
- There’s no limit to the # of times you can visit Thailand!
- Countries that get 30 days
- Andora, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein. Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Sweden, UAE, UK, USA, Vietnam
- Countries that get 14 days
- Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu
90-day Tourist Visa 🏝
- Send your passport to your local Thai embassy BEFOREHAND.
- Can also extend this +30 more days 2x = 60 more days (1500 THB each time)
- Information: https://www.thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa
Digital Nomad Visa 🧑💻
- Not active yet. It’s been approved ‘in theory’.
- Said to be $1,500 for 5 years
- Requirements: proof of income, travel insurance.
Sponsored Work Visa ⭐️
- Gets you a 1 year visa, renewable, without having to work.
- Less expensive than Elite Visa or setting up a company.
- Renewal is around $500 per year.
- Benefits: don’t have to set up your own company, file taxes, or be employed.
- Details from this Coworking space (use referral code RILEYBENNETT for VIP) https://unionspace.co.th/thailand-workpermit-visas/sponsored-work-permit-thailand.php
Elite Visa 👑
- $15,000 USD gets you 5 years
- Simple & easy
- Learn Thai
- Learn Muay Thai
Have any tips to share? Questions? Comment below or hit me on IG @livinthatlifeofficial