General Things I Wish I Knew Sooner
Learn proper cashflow management
- An agency guy had a budget spreadsheet, with percentages of what you should be spending on Team, B, C etc.
Organic Google Traffic was our Bread & Butter
- I would’ve also focus more on YouTube
- Pro Tip: Podcast embeds on our website was crucial for improving DA and getting people to stay on our websites
Use Mentors Faster in different situations
- Spend on masterminds & mentors
- There were some KEY hires that I could’ve made sooner. E.g. Bookkeeper, Operations manager,
- I had a scarcity mindset the first few years in my agency… I thought I could just learn everything from podcasts… then the higher I got in my agency, I realized it was way better to just pay for a mentor and get a FAST and direct answer, that is catered to my exact situation.
“As Soon As possible, hire an Operations Manager”
- Can handle random day to day things
- Managing contractors
- Client messaging
- Cleaning up little random things
- Following up with team members
- We had 22 full time employees
- Hired 40 full time people all time, (not including contractors)
- Lesson: “The time it takes to find a GREAT person is a LOT LONGER than you think. It can take 2 months and 500 applicants. Especially for a high-level ROCKSTAR like an operations manager. The VAST majority of people are NOT good employees. Think of it as a BIG investment. They should be an asset for YEARS to come.
- Western employees
- Client communication
- Our Canadian employees
- Overseas employees
- The real rockstars know their worth and will have higher salaries. Not gonna find them for $10/hr normally.
- All PH VAs went under basic contractor agreement
- 13th month Pay Rule (local PH each December)
- Followed typical employee rules / schedules
- Weekends is overtime
- We had lots of Bali VAs, we set up an Indonesian company and they were employees
- 1 hour every Friday on Zoom played Jackbox phone games
- Mural board challenge
- Play virtual games
- Monthly photoshop competition
- “Fill in your weaknesses”
- Completely get MORE things off your plate
- Focus on what you are better at
- What got me from $50-$100k was getting stuff off my plate (finances, operations, day to day ops). Then I focuses my Time on LEARNING from mentors, learning better systems,
- Paid ads
- We did a good amount of testing, with not lots of results
- Difficult in Amazon space bc Amazon sellers are not easy to target.
- Most people are PRODUCT RESEARCH DREAMERS (so its harder to crack the formula of targeting only EXISTING SELLERS)
- INTENT-BASED MARKETING is easier , so search specific terms , like ‘amazon product photography’, that qualifies they already have a product.