Links & Resources
- All My Saved Spots: https://goo.gl/maps/rr5AZrfLmHrgtirP7
- Rent villas at ‘better than Airbnb’ prices: https://www.facebook.com/samuiweekendluxuryvillas (catamaran day trips too)
- $30 Airbnb credit for new accounts: https://livinthatlife.com/airbnb
Things to do
- Scooter around
- Rent a catamaran for the day ($1-4k per day)
- Epic Airbnb Villas
- Jet skis
- Snorkel, scuba, paddleboard
- Island hopping to Koh Phangan, Koh Tao
- Gyms, Muay Thai
- Book an Airbnb Experience
- Vacay out!
- the most popular island destination after Phuket! Phuket is basically the mainland so you could call it the most popular island!
- A must visit!
- Chaweng – main touristy beach
- Beach clubs
- a lot
- Night clubs
- Both were poppin & packed.
- Green Mango – wasn’t open.
- Beach clubs
- Fisherman’s Village – Bo Phut beach
- Coco Tams – best beach club. Chill on the beach in beanbags, sip cockails, sunset, hookah, fire shows every night.
- Wakeboarding – hit up @cocowake_samui to rent their super nice wakeboarding boat
- Jetskis galore
- Shopping & restaurants
- Both are in the northeast near the airport
Cost of Living
- As in all SE Asia, you can bootstrap on as low as $1,500 a month. As always I wouldn’t recommend budgeting less than $2k.
- I historically spend around $3,000-$4,000 a month living in Thailand.
Co-working spaces / Nomad Community
- There are coworking spaces
- Tons of remote workers / digital nomads here of course
Work Cafes / Coffeeshops
- KOB Cafe is the best!
- Sea Sun Cafe
- Both are on the beach and have aircon spaces
- Success Gym – most popular gym
- Crossfit Superpro (formerly Crossfit KS)
- Superpro MMA, Superpro MuayThai
- BAAM Fitness – also has badminton
- Plenty more gyms
- Lots of Muay Thai
- CHI is our favorite restaurant / beach club
- KOB is our favorite cafe
- Coco Tam’s for sunset cocktails and food
- There are plenty of nightclubs in Chaweng beach. They are open air clubs but still packed with super loud music, DJs, VIP, etc. But not like the super clubs like in Bangkok.
- I think the biggest nightclubs are
- BLACK Club
- HUSH Club
- Green Mango
- Lots of beach bar lounge type clubs
Villas / Accommodation
- Sunset Cove
- One of the nicest developments of luxury villas on the island
- We stayed at 2 different ones here
- In the $1,000 per night range
- Lanna Hotel
- Nice hotel that Parker and some friends stayed at before, in good area
- In the $60 a night range