If you are looking for the best travel insurance because you’re a digital nomad or visiting Bali, I will share my experience.
Long story short, SafetyWing was recommended to me as the best one because it pays out more often than any other company.
A digital nomad friend of mine here in Bali did the deep dive research on this topic and found this to be true. He even had to use it when he got prostatitis had mad hospital bills out here.
But one of the most common injuries/issues in Southeast Asia – like Bali (Indonesia), Thailand or Vietnam, is motorbike accidents. Another friend of mine in Bali just recently got into a motorcycle accident – and his insurance did NOT cover it. So he had to pay $20,000 CASH for his broken leg surgery.
To avoid having to pay $10,000 or more for broken bones, here’s what you need to know in order for your travel insurance to cover expenses due to your motorbike accident.
How to be covered for a motorbike accident:
- You must have travel insurance, of course. SafetyWing was recommended to me as the best.
- You must have an official International Drivers Permit/License. If you have done this, leave a comment below on how.
- Here’s one article that talks about how to get one.
- You must be wearing a helmet.
- The bike can’t be more than 150cc.
- You’re must be obeying all traffic laws. So if you’re speeding, or doing wheelies, you won’t be covered.
Ok, those are my tips. What are yours? Anything I left out? I’m sure I did. Leave a comment below.
Riley in Bali ?